Principal - Seed Team
Frontline Ventures is a multi-strategy venture capital fund based in London, Dublin and Palo Alto. We have a portfolio of over 100 companies throughout Europe and the US. Our seed fund focuses on pre-seed and seed-stage companies in Europe. We are excited to announce we will be adding a Principal to the early stage investing team.
Who would do well in this role?
While we believe that great investors can come in all shapes and sizes and from many different backgrounds, there are a number of core qualities we are looking for:
- Quick learner and thinker: We come across companies from fields as diverse and complex as genomics and machine learning to drones and financial market technologies. You must have the ability to understand or bring yourself up to speed on new technologies, sciences and business models quickly.
- Understands people: Over half of our investments have been pre-product. When you invest as early as we do, so much of the investment decision is about the people we invest in. The ideal candidate is someone who understands a founding team’s ambitions and abilities quickly.
- Curious: We are looking for the next great entrepreneurs and technologies, and they don’t just end up at our doorstep. We actively look for new areas and people we should know, and we expect that you will too. We are looking for people with a particular interest or background in health, climate, future of work, or fintech.
- Strong drive and the ability to self-direct: The work and time are open-ended by nature and an ideal candidate must be able to identify and execute on opportunities to contribute to the team with little management or direction.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills: Well-defended opinions are necessary for discussing investments. We also believe that open-mindedness and the ability to debate and discuss are crucial to us making strong investments. Additionally, the investor will often interact with entrepreneurs and investors, at events, and sometimes to the press on behalf of Frontline — it is important that they are someone we’d be proud to represent us.
- Interesting, enjoyable and aligned on values: We are a small team and work closely together. This doesn’t mean we have to agree on everything, but we have to like working with each other.
What will your responsibilities be?
- Researching new potential areas for investment and sourcing relevant companies and entrepreneurs that are suitable
- Market research and due diligence for analysing those potential investments
- Helping to build and present investment theses for new deals and follow-on investments
- Attending and participating in industry events to build Frontline’s brand and awareness in the technology community
- Working with portfolio companies to support them or their internal team leads
- Designing and executing projects of your own direction that help Frontline and/or our portfolio companies
- Able to lead their own investments from start to finish
- Win competitive investment processes
- Take board seats post successful investments
- Supporting the design of the Frontline future seed strategy
What does Frontline offer you?
We have been carefully building our culture and team since 2013, and hope that you will love coming into work as much as we do. We are offering that these two new hires get:
- Access to some of the most exciting technology entrepreneurs in Europe
- Visibility of many of the fastest growing US tech companies through our Growth fund
- An independent and autonomous work environment
- Direct mentorship from the Frontline partners
- Competitive and negotiable compensation
- Personal learning and development budget
How do I apply?
We’re glad you made it this far! Before you apply, take some time to learn more about us, who we are, and what we do. Check out our website, portfolio, social media, our team on Linkedin, and any of the content we’ve posted in the past!
…Research shows that some people are less likely to apply for a role unless they are 100% qualified. Your experience, skills and passion will set you apart so tell us about your achievements, irrespective of whether they are personal or work-related, tell us about your journey, and about what you learnt. So, if these roles excite you, don’t let our role description hold you back, get applying!
We expect to fill the role as soon as possible and look forward to hearing from you!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Frontline is the venture firm for globally ambitious B2B companies on both sides of the Atlantic.