Head of Platform: Investments
Protocol Labs drives breakthroughs in computing to push humanity forward. Protocol Labs is a product-development lab, but behind the protocols and tools we build, behind the research and implementations, are passionate people, teammates, and community members. Most teams in the Protocol Labs Network are fully distributed and work remotely around the world. Engineers, researchers, and operators work in the open to improve the internet — humanity's most important technology — as we explore new advances at the intersection of many exciting fields (web3, cryptography, networks, distributed systems) and cultures (startups, research, open-source, distributed work).
As a part of the investment team at Protocol Labs, you’ll have an outsized impact on the entire organization by working on key initiatives across multiple areas, including analytics, project management, business development, process improvement, systems, and special projects. In this role, you will work closely with Protocol Labs’ leadership to structure and solve complex problems, then drive solutions forward across the organization.
As a Head of Platform: Investments at Protocol Labs you will be tasked with
- Making Protocol Labs the most value-add investor for companies by developing and delivering creative and scalable solutions to the problems faced by teams in our network.
- Building deep relationships with founders and operators in our network to understand how Protocol Labs can help them succeed.
- Partnering with the teams in our network and our finance team to ensure we have accurate data on the teams in our network and can proactively identify trends and needs across the network.
- Collaborating with the ecosystem team to support founders by helping them access the right resources across the extended Protocol Labs network.
- Helping develop and grow our network of co-investors and supporting the founders in their fundraising efforts through pitch practice and fundraising introductions.
- Creating content and marketing materials that showcase founders and projects in our network.
- Cultivating a stronger community across the Protocol Labs network including building scalable communication channels and organizing virtual and in-person events.
You may be a fit for this role if you have…
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience in venture capital, investment banking, or a startup/technology business
- Handle both complexity and ambiguity well
- Empathy for the startup founder's journey
- A passion for open source and distributed computing
- Native understanding of blockchain technology or a passion for learning more about the technology.
- Strong written and analytical skills
- Pride yourself in being a self-starter, thriving even without much direction
- Deep experience coordinating work across teams with different goals
- A rigorous, process-driven work style backed by an ability to communicate effectively
What’s it like to work at Protocol Labs?
Protocol Labs' mission is to improve humanity’s most important technology, the Internet. We build protocols, systems, and tools to improve how it works. Today, we are focused on how we store, locate, and move information. Our projects include IPFS, Filecoin, libp2p, and more.
As a distributed team, we hire anywhere in the world, and at various levels of experience (entry, senior, staff). We look for people with unique perspectives and diverse backgrounds.
We have a great benefits package, including parental leave, contributions to your retirement, competitive pay, and unlimited time off. For U.S.-based employees, we also provide platinum-level health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family.
If you’re passionate about the future of computing and a more democratized internet, we want to talk to you.
GDPR for Job Applicants and Candidates
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Protocol Labs, Inc. (“Protocol Labs”), which is located at 427 N Tatnall St #51207, Wilmington, Delaware 19801 and can be contacted by emailing legalrequests[at]protocol.ai. Protocol Labs’ data protection team can be contacted via legalrequests[at]protocol.ai. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Protocol Labs’ recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Protocol Labs, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Protocol Labs to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Protocol Labs’ behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards.
Your personal data will be retained by Protocol Labs as long as Protocol Labs determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment or to assist in the hiring process. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have the right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Protocol Labs is building the next generation of the internet. We drive breakthroughs in computing to push humanity forward.