Verve Ventures supports groundbreaking companies that tackle humanity’s greatest challenges with technology. Our team is a great place for learning as we have colleagues with very different educational and international backgrounds. We’re ambitious and entrepreneurial but we’re also very helpful and humble. We invest in our people and give everyone the shared responsibility and opportunity of shaping the future development of our company, guided by the common goal to change the venture capital industry itself and making investing in the best European startups more accessible to people. This is your chance to join the company that is setting a new standard in European venture capital and making this exciting industry more diverse and successful.
In the role as Accounting Manager you will be responsible for all the accounting activities for our group. You will work closely with and report to our CFO. Read this interview to find out more about what motivates him and learn more about the day-to-day work.
As an Accounting Manager your main tasks will be to:
- Keep the books of all group companies including the monthly, quarterly and yearly closing, bank reconciliation and consolidation processes
- Coordinate with external bookkeeping and payroll accounting service providers
- Prepare annual statutory accounts
- Prepare audit schedules and reply to audit queries
- Tax filings (VAT, corporate tax, stamp duty)
- Optimize existing finance and accounting processes
This role could be for you if you have:
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in Finance and Accounting - ideally in a financial services environment
- Certification in Finance and Accounting (e.g. “Eidg. Fachausweis Finanz- und Rechnungswesen”) or equivalent degree
- Proficient in MS Excel
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work independently
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Strong IT affinity (i.e. interest in IT systems and system interfaces/integration)
- Discreet and used to handle confidential information
- Fluent in German and English
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work partially remotely (e.g. home office), making it easier to combine work and family
- While we strongly prefer physical presence at our offices for onboarding, collaboration and social events, many of our team members work remotely multiple days of the week
- Frequent team events, flat hierarchy
- A young and rapidly evolving company that gives every employee the opportunity to make decisions and shape our success
- Eligibility for our share incentive plan
- Days off between Christmas and New year
We strongly believe that diverse experiences and viewpoints are key for any productive work environment, in particular for successful venture capital investors. We therefore consider applications irrespective of nationality, ethnical background, age, sexual orientation, gender, disability or family situation. We also encourage applications from re-entrants to work and are open to discuss part-time roles.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Verve Ventrues is a network and technology driven venture firm. We have invested in over 140 science and technology startups across Europe. Our team a...