Panache Ventures is seeking a finance manager to join its team in Toronto. The core responsibilities span across three key areas: financial management, portfolio support and investor relations. This is not a bookkeeping role.
What You’ll Do
- Manage the finance function of Panache Ventures
- Oversee the fund’s bookkeeper and accounting administrators; Review and approve financial statements; Lead the annual audit process
- Manage the fund’s budget and expense process in collaboration with the firm’s bookkeeper; Monitor cash flow requirements
- Supervise the portfolio reporting requirements; Maintain portfolio data and share insights on the overall portfolio performance
- Develop the firm’s investor relations plan; Track new and potential investors/LPs; Serve as a key point of contact for investors/LPs
- Create presentations, press releases, and other communication materials for investors/LPs. Complete institutional investor reporting requirements.
- Lead the implementation of finance tools/infrastructure to set the foundations to manage multiple Panache funds in the long-term
- Track and maintain key internal control policies and procedures
Professional Growth Opportunities
You will play an important role in the success of Panache Ventures and our portfolio companies. You will be managing all aspects of our finance function and will gain insights into our portfolio companies’ growth trajectories. In the long-term, this role could lead to a VP Finance or CFO opportunity, with responsibilities across multiple Panache funds. We also believe that the position will set you up for success as an angel investor, founder and/or operator.
The individual we are seeking is passionate about technology innovation and building relations with entrepreneurs. A professional with leadership skills who has the potential to build the firm’s finance function but who also recognizes that as a team member, success is a shared pursuit!
- 3-5 years of experience in finance/accounting at a top accounting firm, VC/PE fund or startup
- Exceptional analytical and communication skills; Strong knowledge of financial modeling and analytics is a must
- Natural ability to build relationships with founders/investors to help them have an impact and to collaborate with the Panache management team
- Demonstrated success in executing both independently and in a team-oriented environment
- Must like to learn, solve, understand and apply new strategies and technologies
- Completed CPA
- A competitive salary
- $3000 per year to put towards continuous education (books, Masterclass, anything really)
- Corporate insurance
- Monthly phone plan
- Computer and any material you need to work from home
About Panache Ventures
Panache Ventures is Canada’s most active early-stage venture capital fund. With offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto and Montreal, we proudly invest in ambitious Canadian founders from coast-to-coast-to-coast who lead with purpose. Our areas of focus include Women’s Digital Health, AI, climate tech, digital health, e-commerce, fintech, SaaS and web3. We support our 100+ portfolio companies through offerings that are unique to Canada, including our San Francisco-based accelerator, Panache Academy. 23% of the founders in our portfolio are women, and we proudly invest in areas like affordable fertility (https://www.panache.vc/portfolio/lilia), non intrusive contraception (https://www.panache.vc/portfolio/eli-health), parenting support (https://www.panache.vc/portfolio/koble) and many more. Our team is also diverse and we promote an inclusive work environment and practices.
Did you know that men will typically apply for a job when they meet only 60% of the qualifications, but women will often only apply if they meet 100% of them? Panache Ventures is committed to building our team to reflect the change that we want to see in the world.
For additional information, please visit: https://www.panache.vc/
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Canada's leading nationwide pre-seed venture fund.