Alpha Partners is a unique technology growth stage co-investment fund. Alpha partners with 800+ early stage VC funds as their growth capital to help them double down in their best growth stage companies. Our recent portfolio IPOs include Coupang, Coursera, Udemy, Vroom, Wish, and Rover. We’re also investors in rapid-growth companies; GoPuff, Socure, Ro, Included Health, Thirtymadison, ZenBusiness, Apollo.IO and Lime. You can learn more about us and our portfolio companies at alphapartners.com.
We are looking for an Associate to join our growing team located in New York. While we are HQ’d in midtown Manhattan, we will consider candidates based in San Francisco. This Alpha role is ideal for sourcing and evaluating growth stage tech investments, while building long-term sector expertise and a relationship network with other Venture Capital firms and founders. The right candidate will have the opportunity to grow with Alpha as this is a Partner-track position. The salary for this role ranges from $80K – $140K plus benefits.
Role and Responsibilities:
The Associate opportunity consists of sourcing growth stage venture capital deals, diligence, sector analysis, and relationship building with 800+ early stage venture capital firms.
- Participate in all aspects of the investment process including deal due diligence, financial and valuation analysis, competitive and market research, and research on technology, venture capital, IPOs, markets, and the general economy
- Working with and expanding our network of partner VC firms. Upon joining Alpha, having the ability to quickly build a deep network of VC relationships will be important for deal sourcing and gaining industry expertise.
- Upwards of 50% of your time will be spent doing substantial business development in this VC outreach effort. You should be comfortable with both warm and cold outreach efforts and be comfortable with giving and receiving rejection.
- As we are a small team, about 20% of your time will be spent on back-end tasks, which includes deal flow filing, CRM entry, monitoring portfolio companies and assisting with writing quarterly reviews.
- Please note, we do not do seed or early stage investing at this time. We also do not take board seats or advise entrepreneurs. Your main focus will be to garner access to the best growth stage investment opportunities.
- 1-3 years of work experience, coming from Investment Banking, Venture Capital, Private Equity, Consulting, Business Development, Wealth Management, Investment Advisory or High Growth Startup roles
- Strong sales and relationship building skills, including networking, influencing, and collaborating to build trust in the community
- Detail oriented with an ability to work independently and proactively
- Must be able to balance multiple workflows simultaneously
- Existing network of VC relationships or the ability and tenacious desire to quickly develop a network of VC relationships
- Strong EQ, rapid research, quantitative analysis, company diligence and writing skills
- Great grasp on Venture Capital and the startup ecosystem
- Most importantly, an Investor must possess great attention to detail and be able to write investment memos that make a balanced case for and against a potential investment. Having a thick skin and ability to advocate for what you believe in is crucial for long term success.
How to Apply:
To apply, please fill out the application form here, and include a resume and a less than one page cover note on why you wish to work as an Investor with Alpha Partners. Be precise about how your work experience and current skills indicate a good fit. We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Alpha co-invests with the world’s best VCs by sharing economics with Early-Stage VCs.