Entrepreneur First is the best place in the world to find your co-founder and build a startup from scratch. Every six months, we bring together and fund high-potential individuals to help them meet their co-founder, develop an idea and raise money from leading investors - as fast as possible. We call this Talent Investing. See how it works here.
The companies built at EF are now worth over $10bn. They include Tractable (a computer vision unicorn), Cleo, Omnipresent, Aztec, Airbank, Transcelestial and many more. The portfolio is fast growing, with its companies having increased in value by more than 70% in the past year.
EF is funded and backed by some of the world's best tech founders and company builders, including Patrick and John Collison (Stripe); Reid Hoffman (LinkedIn), Tom Blomfield (GoCardless and Monzo), Sara Clemens (Pandora and Twitch); Nat Friedman (GitHub); and Matt Mullenweg (Wordpress).
Having raised our Series C round of investment at the end of last year, we are well-capitalised out to 2026, and have ambitious plans to further scale our impact over the coming years.
You will be part of the London Programme team, working directly with the founders going through EF’s programme. Specifically, you will be working on delivering Fundraising:
Every company that goes through EF’s 6-month programme gets the opportunity to go to Global Reveal, where their companies are shared with our global network of investors. We are uniquely able to bring together thousands of early stage investors, from across Europe, the US and Asia. You will be working directly with London’s Fundraising Manager to ensure that each of our portfolio companies has the most successful fundraising journey possible.
What You'll Do Fundraising Operations:
Operational excellence is fundamental to your work. You will play a key role in ensuring that the operations during Fundraising are built for scale and resilience. This includes managing all operations for London’s participation in Global Reveal, owning the execution of new initiatives and managing comms with our fundraising portfolio companies.
Being immersed in the early-stage investor ecosystem is key in ensuring that our companies fundraise successfully. You will support the Fundraising Manager in building strong relationships with VCs and angels, by managing the CRM, doing investor outreach, market research and representing EF at investor events and industry talks.
Talent + Admissions:
As a Fundraising Analyst, you won’t just be involved in fundraising support, but in identifying and selecting the world’s most talented and ambitious future founders. You will represent EF at talks and conferences with some of the UK’s most prestigious academic and entrepreneurial institutions, represent EF in 1:1 interactions with outlier individuals including industry experts, top technologists and academics, and run interviews to make decisions about which individuals to invest in and invite onto the EF Programme.
This role is based in our London office in Shoreditch and should start by the beginning of January 2023 at the very latest.
- You are 1-3 years into your career, ideally in an operations role at an early-stage startup;
- You have a strong academic background or have excelled in a non-academic pathway;
- You are excited by an environment that changes and evolves, where the pace is fast and the learning curve is steep;
- You have a growth mindset, passion for learning and curiosity about how companies form, fundraise and scale;
- You’re self-motivated with the ability to take initiative, manage a variety of tasks, and see projects through to completion;
- You have solid operational experience: you have strong written and verbal communication skills and a track record of strong administrative and project management skills;
- You are an expert problem solver. You seek to find lean and creative solutions to the problems that you chose to tackle. You adapt to changes in priorities and embrace ambiguity. You display a willingness to change your ideas or perceptions based on new information or contrary evidence;
- You like meeting new people and attending events where you can represent EF;
- You have an interest in early stage investment principles, frontier technology companies and trends.
Training and development:
- Your experience will be invaluable, but nowhere are startups built the way they are built at EF. We will teach you the method we have taken 10 years to create.
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds including those typically underrepresented in technology or VC and embrace diversity across all our sites and teams.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A competitive salary and generous upside potential based on performance;
- A buzzing space full of technical founders working on world changing businesses;
- The opportunity to supercharge your learning by working with a talented, ambitious and diverse global team;
- Generous holidays: in addition to 23 days holiday plus local public holidays, we also close the office down for around two weeks over Christmas and New Year;
- A Learning & Development allowance to purchase any product or service that will contribute to your personal or professional development;
- A Wellness allowance to spend on things enhancing your health and wellbeing, e.g. gym membership, yoga classes, Vitality, subscription to Headspace etc;
- Enhanced parental leave plus broader leave policies. We care about our team and enabling the right balance between home and working life;
- Salary sacrifice schemes: cycle to work and technology (phones, laptops, fitness watches etc).
Apply > First Interview with Fundraising Manager > Second Interview with additional member of the team > Task > Final Interview with General Manager + Fundraising Manager > Meet the team > Offer > Start!
EF champions diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment in which a wide variety of backgrounds thrive. We do not tolerate discrimination of any nature including but not limited to discriminating on the basis of race, colour, religion, culture, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, disability, or marital status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The best place in the world to meet your co-founder and build a startup from scratch.