Investment Manager - Vertical Constructive Venture Fund
New technologies and business models are about to transform the global multi-billion real estate market. Are you intrigued by this huge opportunity and want to be an active part of this? Then join our new “Constructive Venture Fund” managed by Verve Ventures.
Verve Ventures supports groundbreaking companies that tackle humanity’s greatest challenges with technology. We are a very diverse team and we are driven by the curiosity to learn from others. We’re ambitious and entrepreneurial but we’re also helpful and humble. We invest in people and give everyone the shared responsibility of shaping the future development of our firm. We want to push the venture capital industry further by making investing in the best European tech startups more accessible to serve entrepreneurs even better.
The Constructive Venture Fund invests into companies that drive the future of the built world. Some of the key topics are, for example, new materials, sustainable buildings and energy sources, new construction and planning technologies as well as smart city applications. Find information about the Constructive Venture Fund and its current portfolio here.
The role is embedded into the Verve Investment team. You will be responsible for sourcing, evaluating and investing in the best companies of the sector in Europe as well as for building thought leadership and relevant networks in the vertical. Read our interview with Alexander Seel to find out more about the day-to-day work and what motivates him in his role with the Constructive Venture Fund.
As an Investment Manager for the Constructive Venture Fund you will:
- Develop investment strategies and thesis on the individual sub-verticals
- Screen and source the European market along those selected vertical strategies
- Conduct legal and financial due diligences and evaluate and negotiate investments
- Actively support portfolio companies on their growth path and represent our interest at board level
- Build up a strong network in the vertical among industry partners, co-investors and potential exit partners
- Position and represent the Constructive Venture Fund and Verve Ventures by attending key industry events and creating content and marketing material
- Work and collaborate closely with the Verve investment team and overall Verve investment infrastructure
- as a venture capital/private equity investor with multiple investments conducted from sourcing to final execution stage and own portfolio responsibility AND/OR
- at a M&A/Corporate Finance/Investment Banking firm with significant involvement in financing round execution and M&A activities in the startup space AND/OR
- as a co-founder/C-level executive in a startup that went through various rounds of venture capital funding
- Previous experience and relevant network in a real estate-related industry is a strong plus
- Very strong analytical thinking, ability to prioritize and manage a large amount of tasks in parallel
- Entrepreneurial mindset: identifying opportunities, overcoming obstacles and make things happen
- Outstanding people and communication skills
- Full written and spoken fluency in English (German and/or French as additional language are a plus)
While we value all these points very much, don’t be discouraged if you don’t tick all of these boxes. What we value most is the ability and willingness to learn.
The position is a full time position and ideally located in our Zurich office but other locations (such as our Berlin, Lausanne or Paris office) are also possible.
- A young and rapidly evolving firm that gives everyone the opportunity to make decisions and shape our success
- Flexible working hours and hybrid work mode, making it easier to combine work and family
- Frequent team events, flat hierarchy
- Competitive compensation package
- Extra days off between Christmas and New year
We strongly believe that diverse experiences and viewpoints are key for any productive work environment, in particular for successful venture capital investors. We therefore consider applications irrespective of nationality, ethnical background, age, sexual orientation, gender, disability or family situation. We also encourage applications from re-entrants to work and are open to discuss part-time roles.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Verve Ventrues is a network and technology driven venture firm. We have invested in over 140 science and technology startups across Europe. Our team a...