Visiting Analyst - March 2023 to August 2023
Verve Ventures supports groundbreaking companies that tackle humanity’s greatest challenges with technology. Our team is a great place for learning as we have colleagues with very different educational and international backgrounds. We’re ambitious and entrepreneurial but we’re also very helpful and humble. We invest in our people and give everyone the shared responsibility and opportunity of shaping the future development of our company, guided by the common goal to change the venture capital industry itself and making investing in the best European startups more accessible to people. This is your chance to join the company that is setting a new standard in European venture capital and making this exciting industry more diverse and successful.
As a Visiting Analyst you will be part of the Investment team. The investment team consists of roughly 20 professionals working closely together. Read this blog post that our former Visiting Analyst Pablo Behrens wrote after his internship with us, to find out more about the day-to-day work and what he thought about his internship with Verve.
As a Visiting Analyst for Verve Ventures you will:
- Screen and source outstanding startup companies
- Help the investment team to conduct due diligences and evaluate investment opportunities together with industry experts
- Support the investment team in the structuring of financing rounds
- Support startups and investors through the financing round process
To be successful in the position we believe you:
- Hold at least a bachelor’s degree.
- As an early stage technology investor we particularly value your scientific knowhow in a natural science [Biol, Chem, Phys, Math, etc.] or an engineering degree [MEng, ElEng, etc.]
- Keen interest in new technologies and venture capital, prior VC knowledge not required
- Very strong analytical thinking, ability to prioritize and manage a large amount of tasks in parallel
- Availability during the entire period of 6 months
- Full written and spoken fluency in English is a key requirement
- Ability to execute independently and autonomously
- Entrepreneurially minded and strong team player
We are open for candidates joining both our team in Zürich, or our team in Berlin.
- While we strongly prefer physical presence at our offices for onboarding, collaboration and social events, many of our team members work remotely multiple days of the week
- Frequent team events, flat hierarchy
- A young and rapidly evolving company that gives every employee the opportunity to make decisions and shape our success
- Days off between Christmas and New year
We strongly believe that diverse experiences and viewpoints are key for any productive work environment, in particular for successful venture capital investors. We therefore consider applications irrespective of nationality, ethnical background, age, sexual orientation, gender, disability or family situation. We also encourage applications from re-entrants to work and are open to discuss part-time roles.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Verve Ventrues is a network and technology driven venture firm. We have invested in over 140 science and technology startups across Europe. Our team a...