Big Pi is a leading early-stage venture capital firm established in 2018, looking to invest in the most promising technology companies and founders. Its investment focus is companies where technology and intellectual property is core to their value proposition, and where a substantial part of product development work is being performed in Greece. Big Pi is currently investing from its second fund.
As a finance associate you will be involved in every stage of the investment process. You will identify, evaluate and support highly ambitious founders solving deep technology problems.
You will also use your financial skills to work in the back office, in areas like investor reporting and portfolio monitoring. In addition, you will provide real value to the Big Pi team through cross-functional collaboration.
- Source, screen, identify and prioritise investment opportunities.
- Get involved in every stage of the investment process, due diligence, business analysis, financial analysis, market research, deal structuring and legal documentation.
- Preparation of investment memos for the Investment Committee.
- Manage and build brand awareness and relationships with: VC firms, startups accelerators, founders, and other members of the venture ecosystem in Europe and the US.
Operations and portfolio support
- In-depth company and industry research, be up to date with key insights on industry developments and trends, create portfolio and benchmarking analysis.
- Monthly and quarterly portfolio and investor reporting.
- Contact with the auditors of the firm.
- Contribute at the back office of the firm.
- Track and assist portfolio companies in all of their needs including talent sourcing, product development, financial reporting, business plan creation and fundraising.
- Ad hoc support to the team related to Big Pi’s priorities and initiatives, like administrative matters, portfolio analysis, market research, presentation materials for internal and external audiences.
We are looking for people with:
- Passion for technology and entrepreneurship
- Good listening and communication skills, high emotional intelligence
- Strong academic background from top-tier school at postgraduate level
- Experience in financial analysis, including fundamentals of accounting
- Genuine curiosity on how things work
- Over 3 years of work experience in relevant industries (i.e. management consulting, technology company, Big Four, or investment banking). As Venture Capital is a very unique sector, if you feel this role is for you, feel free to apply even if you don’t have work experience in these exact sectors.
- International perspective and culture strongly preferred
- Fluency in English, both oral and written
- Attention to detail, and high accuracy are critical.
Interested? If you know someone in common with Alex, Aristos, Marco, George please get an introduction. Otherwise we look forward to hearing from you, apply here.
The role includes attractive competitive base salary and benefits, including carried interest participation in both existing and future funds. You will be an integral part of a motivated and very experienced team, working in a dynamic and fast paced environment that allows rapid career advancement, potentially leading to a partner position.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Big Pi Ventures is an early-stage venture capital firm based in Athens and Luxembourg. Our focus is on deep tech, including life sciences, and on comp...