Head of Investments
CV VC Africa is looking for a Head of Investments. This opportunity is for someone that is exceptionally curious and thrives in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment. Candidates must be flexible, unfazed by setbacks, and able to pivot quickly. Hard-working, calculated risk taker, comfortable operating with ambiguity, and can comfortably balance increased risk with strategic and operational best judgment with the investors' interests in mind.
- Play a senior role in the research, analysis and evaluation, and strategic investment direction of diverse opportunities and products within the African blockchain ecosystem.
- Originate, screen and convert investment opportunities; this individual must be comfortable defining investment themes and proactively finding opportunities; You will be expected to take a leading role carrying responsibility within a fast-growing global venture capital firm.
- Lead all aspects of investment due diligence, including the development of sophisticated financial models as well as, being comfortable working with complicated capitalization tables to model a variety of return scenarios
- Lead a lean team in a fast-paced environment, establishing company specific analysis required to align with the overall goals of the global investment team.
- Work with various 3rd party advisors (consultants, lawyers, accountants, etc.) by negotiating project terms, leading their diligence activities to generate high quality, useful reports.
- Support the negotiation, structuring, and execution of significant investment products for the CV VC Africa. Develop investment recommendations based on data from due diligence findings. Prepare and present investment recommendation memos to internal investment committees as required.
- Manage a lean, yet, full investment pipeline for the African blockchain ecosystem.
- Support other deal teams by verifying analysis, probing key assumptions / drivers of models and constructively challenging investment theses.
- Supervise ongoing performance of CV VC Africa investment portfolio and develop positive relationships with global investment team as well as management/founders.
- Deliver on various internal requirements required to support CV VC Africa and the portfolio, for example, annual valuations, portfolio audits, portfolio reports, etc.
- Contribute to critical CV VC initiatives identified by senior leaders within CV VC Global & CV VC Africa, including initiatives to share insights from CV VC Africa fund and the CV VC Global fund.
- Be an excellent Teammate. CV VC's most valuable assets are its employees. Forge meaningful relationships with colleagues, exhibit a willingness to develop other team members, be accountable for your own professional development and maintain a focus on the shared success of the organization.
- Network. Proactively build and maintain effective partnerships with like-minded investors, entrepreneurs, and relevant industry service providers including venture and growth focused institutions as this will benefit both CV VC and its portfolio companies.
- Partner and connect with the broader CV VC team across all offices, ensuring appropriate parties are kept advised and engaged on various transactions and initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field (graduate degree and/or relevant certifications are an asset)
- 5-8 years of relevant experience (preferably in startup investing, investment banking, management consulting or corporate development roles within a technology business)
- Relationship building skills and experience working in the African Technology ecosystem are a definite asset
- Experience working or investing in private companies across multiple verticals is a strong asset
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills. Passion for performing in-depth analysis and interpreting results to form data defensible perspectives
- Willingness and ability to support in the sales/fundraising efforts of CV VC Africa
- Self-motivated, results and growth oriented
- Possess a global mindset when reviewing opportunities
- Strong ability to balance competing priorities, work independently with minimal direction, lead projects and thrive in a high-performance team setting
- Outstanding interpersonal communication and presentation skills (both oral and written). An ability to articulate sophisticated ideas, issues and recommendations effectively
- The successful candidate will be required to collaborate with a number of professionals including other members of CV VC's global investment team and outside professionals such as management teams of our portfolio assets, investment bankers, board directors, lawyers and consultants
- Given the global nature of our business this role requires time zone flexibility and the ability to travel as required
For CV VC`s incubation investments, we run our own 3-month incubation program specifically tailored to blockchain startups. With access to the foremost thinkers in the sector, technologists, the wealthy, and a supportive infrastructure of service providers, startups leave the program ready to take on the world.
CV Labs is the ecosystem business of CV VC. We combine coworking, large and small-scale events, and research activities to create a unique, global blockchain ecosystem.
Our co-working spaces in Zug, Vaduz, and Cape Town accommodate more than 150 of the leading blockchain projects in the industry.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
CV VC is an early-stage venture capital firm with a focus on startups that build on blockchain technology. CV Labs operates the incubator & ecosystem ...