Head of Investment
güil is divided into two sectors, the Company Builder and Venture Capital (VC). We are looking for an experienced Head of Investment / Investment Expert who will lead güil's Corporate Venture Capital strategy (CVC), investing in high-impact funds and startups that solve mobility problems in Latin America and other emerging markets. The right candidate will lead the process of deal sourcing activities, due diligence of investment opportunities in early-stage startups and funds, monitoring portfolio companies, working close together with güil´s General Coordinator and the Board of Directors, while keeping in mind the strategic support of our Company Builder and Venture Studio.
- Lead güil's Corporate Venture Capital strategy, investing in high-impact funds and startups that solve mobility problems in Latin America and other emerging markets.
- Sourcing and reviewing new investment opportunities in VC funds and mobility companies
- Conducting due diligence on potential investments
- Manage end-to-end full venture investment life cycle including deal sourcing, initial screening, evaluation, due diligence, negotiation, and execution.
- Prioritize deal flow based on quality, strategic value considerations, economic attractiveness and against the investment strategy and mandate
- Monitoring existing investments and looks for funding in the different stages
- Monitor financial and operational conditions and industry dynamics of assigned portfolio companies to analyze portfolio and assist with quarterly reviews with the senior venture team.
- Conducting research on new investment areas
- Guide and support business units in preparing and presenting investment opportunities by building financial models, and designing analytic reports.
- Creating decks and other materials to support investor relations, fundraising, and business development opportunities
- Processing, tracking, and managing communications
- Actively build a strong network in the VC ecosystem, globally, by attending events, hosting events, etc.
- Develop investment thesis', market maps and deep dives on specific market opportunities or technology areas with subject matter experts
- Conduct underwriting and prep the investment memos
- Support the portfolio companies in fundraising and investor relations
Who You Are:
- Your values align with our organizational values.
- You are a “hands-on” professional.
- You are comfortable building and evolving productive relationships with stakeholders at key partner companies.
- You are data driven and have experience with analyzing investment opportunities and accelerating end-to-end deal flow.
- You have a strong appreciation for the early-stage Startup culture. You are always willing to jump in and lend a hand, and want to see the community succeed.
- You thrive in a collaborative environment, working side by side with people of all backgrounds and disciplines.
- You possess strong verbal and written communication skills in both English and Spanish.
- You enjoy and are great at solving problems, and designing and implementing solutions to complex product and technical issues.
- You are an Ecosystem & Network builder.
- You are active on social media with your investment ideas and philosophies and are building a network of followers who are excited about your contributions to the start-up and VC community.
Required Technical and Professional Experience:
- 8+ years of investment experience working in VC, or in a similar environment
- An expert at developing investment thesis', market maps, and other market analysis
- Vast experience managing the end-to-end full venture investment life-cycle including deal sourcing, initial screening, evaluation, due diligence, negotiation, and execution
- Proven knowledge on startup valuation and assessment
- Advanced level of English/Spanish
- Graduate degree in Finance
- Extensive global network, especially in Latin America
- Experience in the mobility industry
- Experience investing, i.e. Angel Investor
Other Relevant Attitudes and Skills for Our Team:
- Highly proactive and entrepreneurial
- Emotional Intelligence
- Creative and Innovative
- Passionate about making a positive impact
- Reasons to Join the güil Team (What We offer):
- Why join us:
- Work in a well-supported, international team setting with other güil teams around the world.
- If you join our team, you can expect to get inspiration from the change you help make happen, a sense of belonging, and the feeling of being part of a global community. You will also experience stimulation and fulfillment, the chance to grow, and space to be yourself at your best.
- Health Benefits
- Hybrid and Flexible Work Environment
- Informal Dress Code
- Relocation Opportunities
- International Travel
Location: This is a fully remote position with HQ in Santiago, Chile. This position will be required to travel periodically to Chile, all expenses paid.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We create and invest in ventures to co-develop extraordinary mobility solutions from Latin America to the world.