Associate, Venture Capital
From coast-to-coast, our inspiring colleagues are at the heart of what we do best: helping people, businesses and society prosper in good times and be resilient in bad times. With our team, you’ll bring this purpose to life every day by living our Values, being open to change, and pursuing your goals.
In return, we’ll give you countless opportunities to learn and grow, alongside a diverse and passionate community of experts – the best the industry has to offer. You’ll be empowered to be your best self, do your best work, and make a meaningful impact. Here, you can help shape the future of insurance, win as a team, and grow with us.
About the role
Associate / Senior Associate Intact Ventures
Intact Ventures is a global-focused, early-stage venture capital fund, investing into world-class founders and fund managers in the areas of insurtech, fintech, proptech, mobility, big data and ai. We currently manage $400m across two funds, with our third fund set to launch in early 2023. We have made over 30 investments since our inception in 2016 and now have a portfolio that includes high profile start-ups like Turo, Acko, Properly, Bolt Logistics, Coterie Insurance, Pine Mortgage and many more. For more information about our portfolio, you can check out www.intactventures.com
We’re looking for an Associate or Senior Associate to join our growing team!
In this role, you will be a key member of our investment team, leading much of our efforts in sourcing, structuring, and executing new investments. Associates operate with a high degree of autonomy and are expected to develop their own investment theses and find the best possible investment opportunities in such areas. In this role, you will report directly to our Head of Investments and will be joining a small team where you will have opportunity to drive significant impact for the fund.
The right candidate is someone who spends their spare time reading about tech trends, obsesses over new business concepts, and is excited to build meaningful relationships with founders and other investors.
What you’ll do here:
- Lead deal sourcing efforts for the team and build your own deal pipeline
- Work directly with our group head in running investment process for new investments and oversee much of our follow-on investment efforts with current portfolio companies
- Maintain positive relationships with companies and funds where we have existing investments or partnerships
- Take on board responsibilities and assist companies in their scaling journeys
- Represent Intact Ventures at various conferences or industry events
- Post-investment monitoring
What you bring to the table:
- Outgoing, curious, driven, impatient with the status quo
- Deep intellectual curiosity about technology and new business models
- Ability to work independently and on projects where research is required
- Proactive networking and relationship development skills
- Strong finance and accounting knowledge: ability to build financial models
Education and Experience:
- 3 - 5 years of experience as investment professional (venture capital, investment banking, corporate development, private equity) and / or working at a start-up/tech company in a growth, product or engineering focused role.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, engineering, computer science, actuarial science or related discipline required.
What we offer
Working here means you'll be empowered to be and do your best every day. Here is some of what you can expect as a permanent member of our team:
- A financial rewards program that recognizes your success
- An industry leading Employee Share Purchase Plan; we match 50% of net shares purchased
- An extensive flex pension and benefits package, with access to virtual healthcare
- Flexible work arrangements
- Possibility to purchase up to 5 extra days off per year
- An annual wellness account that promotes an active and healthy lifestyle
- Access to tools and resources to support physical and mental health, embracing change and connecting with colleagues
- A dynamic workplace learning ecosystem complete with learning journeys, interactive online content, and inspiring programs
- Inclusive employee-led networks to educate, inspire, amplify voices, build relationships and provide development opportunities
- Inspiring leaders and colleagues who will lift you up and help you grow
- A Community Impact program, because what you care about is a part of what makes you different. And how you contribute to your community should be just as unique.
We are an equal opportunity employer
At Intact, we value diversity and strive to create an inclusive, accessible workplace where all individuals feel valued, respected, and heard.
If we can provide a specific adjustment to make the recruitment process more accessible for you, please let us know when we reach out about a job opportunity. We’ll work with you to meet your needs.
Click here to review other important information about the hiring process, including background checks, internal candidates, and eligibility to work in Canada.
If you are an employee of Intact, belairdirect, or Johnson Insurance, please apply for this role on Contact People.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Intact Ventures is a leading early-stage venture capital fund focused on making direct investments into world-class start-ups in the areas of fintech,...