Vice President, Aligned Climate Fund (Venture)
Aligned Climate Capital LLC (Aligned) is an asset manager that believes the global response to climate change is creating a $50 trillion market opportunity. Founded in 2019, Aligned is a dynamic and mission-driven firm that invests exclusively in the companies and real assets that are decarbonizing the global economy. It is seeking experienced candidates who are self-motivated, innovative, and committed to using financial tools to address climate change.
The Vice President will be actively involved in originating and executing investments through Aligned’s venture strategy – the Aligned Climate Fund (ACF). This strategy targets Seed, Series A, and Series B investments across four key sectors of decarbonization: clean energy, efficient buildings, electric transport, and sustainable land use. In particular, Aligned focuses on companies scaling or supporting proven technologies.
Duties and Responsibilities
This position will be responsible for supporting and directing investment execution for Aligned’s venture strategy. It includes opportunities for growth and advancement.
Specifically, the Vice President will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Perform due diligence, financial modeling, and other analysis of potential investment opportunities;
- Lead the negotiation and execution of investments with direction from Aligned’s senior management;
- Coordinate and oversee diligence and investment activities performed by Associates on the ACF team.
- Prepare and present investment memos to the Investment Committee;
- Support origination efforts for the ACF strategy;
- Support portfolio management for the ACF investments;
- Engage professionally with our Advisory Board and external stakeholders;
- Closely track and report on relevant market, industry, and regulatory developments;
- Represent Aligned at conferences, industry panels, and other external engagements; and
- Support Aligned’s fundraising, investor relations, and asset management activities as directed by management.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Business, Engineering, Law, Public Policy, Sustainability, or a related field.
- At least four years of experience in venture, private equity, finance, infrastructure, investment banking, or a relevant clean energy/climate-related field.
- Proven analytical, investment analysis, structuring, and financial modeling skills.
- Experience working on venture or private equity transactions.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously;
- Fluency in written and verbal communications; and
- Strong commitment to addressing the threat of climate change.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Carried interest participation in Aligned’s investment partnerships
- Eligibility for annual bonus and other financial incentives
- Full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and 401k
About Aligned Climate Capital
Aligned is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Aligned invests in the people, companies, and real assets that are decarbonizing the global economy and its infrastructure.