Fall Venture Capital Intern
Visible Hands is the most trusted platform for early-stage, overlooked founders. Through our programs, investment fund, and curated networks, we support founders as whole people in launching and scaling high-growth startups. Our Portfolio team is looking for part-time VC Interns to support our investment processes through the fall term (10/10/2022 - 1/27/2023 preferred), at approximately 10 hours per week.
The work we do on the Portfolio team is integral to Visible Hands’ success and accelerates the realization of our vision — a world where talent and execution — not race or gender — are the key predictors for success. As an intern on the Portfolio team, you will focus on conducting due diligence on Visible Hands' potential pre-seed investment opportunities. This will enable our team to learn more about each company to ultimately determine the viability of these investments. Here are some of the key responsibilities:
- Assist with preliminary due diligence, including learning more about each company's management team, market potential, business model, customer experience and feedback, and more
- Research and present on developments in different industries and sectors, trends, and market dynamics
- Conduct business evaluations
- Prepare bottom-up and top-down market analysis
- Support the Portfolio team on special projects related to thought leadership, research, or analysis
While we are a small, nimble, and fast-paced company, we are also deeply mission-driven and strive to cultivate a working environment where our team members can bring their whole and authentic selves to work and find the balance they need to be fulfilled in all aspects of life. If you are seeking an opportunity to make an immediate impact on a growing team and work in a highly collaborative and supportive environment, this role could be an excellent fit.
About Visible Hands
Visible Hands aims to transform the pre-seed landscape by uplifting overlooked founders and holistically supporting them in building high-growth startups. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, Visible Hands was founded in 2020. Today, we have employees working remotely from 11 states across the United States.
We have an incredible team and engaging company culture. The core values that form the foundation on which we perform work and conduct ourselves are:
- Humility & Growth: We demonstrate humility through self-awareness, seeking feedback, and recognizing others’ contributions. We emphasize a culture of constant learning and growth.
- Top Value at Top Speeds: Visible Hands is a startup itself. We take advantage of this by executing with speed and urgency. Regardless, moving fast is never a justification for mediocrity. We keep a high bar for quality to ensure we are delivering top value.
- Bold & Visionary: Visible Hands exists to challenge the status quo. We champion those who think boldly and we believe that good ideas – regardless of who or where they come from – should rise to the top.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion within our company. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or ability status. We will ensure that individuals who are differently abled are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment as provided to other applicants or employees. Please contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org) to request accommodation for the job application and interview process.
We are looking for people who have:
- Ability to work from 10/10/2022 - 1/27/2023 at 10 hours/week (with time off around the holiday season)
- Experience with research and due diligence
- Enthusiasm for venture capital, start-ups and entrepreneurship
- Strong critical thinking skills, including superior research and analytical ability
- Excellent writing, presentation and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to work in a startup culture
- Prior experience working with startups or in fast-paced environments
- Prior experience working in VCs or investment firms
- $20/hour; 10 hours a week
- Flexible work schedule & fully remote team
- No Meeting Fridays
- Team and company culture dedicated to creating a psychologically safe environment that celebrates diversity and inclusion
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We support overlooked founders in building venture-backed startups.