Deal Analyst, Consumer Investing Team
Founded in Silicon Valley in 2009 by Marc Andreessen and Ben Horowitz, Andreessen Horowitz (known as "a16z") is a venture capital firm that backs bold entrepreneurs building the future through technology. We are stage agnostic: We invest in seed to venture to late-stage technology companies, across bio + healthcare, consumer, crypto, enterprise, fintech, games, and companies building toward American dynamism. a16z has $35B in assets under management across multiple funds.
We’ve established a team that is defined by respect for the entrepreneur and the company-building process; we know what it’s like to be in the founder’s shoes. We’ve invested in companies like Airbnb, Instacart, Hipcamp, Overtime, Pinterest, Shef, Sleeper, Snackpass, Substack, and Whatnot. Our team is at the forefront of new technology, helping founders and their companies impact and change the world.
a16z is seeking to recruit a Deal Analyst to join the firm’s Consumer Investing team. The successful candidate will work closely with Investing Partners Bryan Kim, Connie Chan and Jeff Jordan in driving all aspects of investments, including defining segments of interest, reviewing & sourcing investment opportunities, due diligence; specifically providing a detailed analysis in picking startups. The successful candidate will play an impactful role in a highly collaborative, dynamic and entrepreneurial firm. We hire for strengths and superpowers, with a belief that the best teams draw their exceptionalism from these unique, yet complementary, individuals.
To join our team, you should be excited to:
- Build and cultivate long-term relationships
- Demonstrate passion about the Consumer space; fascinated with the startup ecosystem, new markets, and new ways of doing things
- Display intellectual endurance to discover what others do not
- Synthesize vast amounts of data and resolve what really matters
- Perform detailed and accurate quantitative analysis including retention rates and customer cohorts
- Sift through large customer data sets to identify strengths and weaknesses of a startup
- 1+ years operational experience in either a tech-related hyper-growths or start-ups
- 1+ years experience as an Analyst or Associate in banking, finance, or consulting
- Outstanding analytical and quantitative skills
- Demonstrated track record of excellence
- Ability to synthesize sophisticated information, form a sharp point of view, and communicate it in a relevant way to different audiences
- Ability to come to conviction intellectually, yet remain open-minded
- Intellectually curious with a dedication to go the extra mile
- Collaborative attitude with a team-first approach
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated judgment; record of making winning decisions
- Ability to quickly build rapport and trust from others
- Ability to self-manage and prioritize in a fast paced environment
- We do only first class business and only in a first class way
- We take a long view of relationships, because we are in the relationship business
- We believe in the future and bet the firm that way
- We are all different, we recognize that, and we win
- We celebrate the good times
- We do it for the team
- We play to win
At a16z we are always looking to hire the absolute best talent and recognize that diversity in our experiences and backgrounds is what makes us stronger. We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. These differences are what enables us to work towards the future we envision for ourselves, our portfolio companies, and the World.
Andreessen Horowitz hereby reserves the right to make use of any unsolicited resumes received from outside recruiting agencies and / or individual recruiters without being responsible for payment of any fees asserted from the use of unsolicited resumes.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Andreessen Horowitz (known as "a16z") is a venture capital firm in Silicon Valley, California, that backs bold entrepreneurs building the future throu...