Investment Associate/Manager Venture Capital
You want to build a globally leading fintech innovation ecosystem and investor by taking ownership and making a difference within the organization? Our F10 Switzerland team is looking for an entrepreneurial personality with experience in venture capital and early-stage venturing that drives F10’s investment activity in Switzerland for our new Incubation Fund.
We are looking for an Investment Associate / Investment Manager Venture Capital (m/f/d) 80-100%, Switzerland
F10 is an independent global innovation ecosystem and early-stage investor with offices in Zurich, Singapore, Madrid, and Stockholm. We believe the fastest route to innovation lies in early collaboration between startups, incumbents, and investors. Each stakeholder benefits from shared skills, experience, and insight.
You, together with the global team, will manage all investment-related activities in the DACH region and you will play a crucial role in making F10 a successful investor. F10 manages a proprietary equity portfolio, advisory mandates for investment funds (SIX Fintech Ventures), a global investor ecosystem, and raises investments for new funds.
F10 is now entering a new growth phase. We are closing our next early-stage Incubation fund to invest from day one in entrepreneurs building the future of the financial and insurance industry and taking our value-add to the next level.
The role is a key element of our investment business with a focus on investments and program operations.
Key Task & Responsibilities:
You will manage the whole investment life cycle end-to-end from sourcing to exit. This includes:
- Sourcing of early-stage companies from the local and adjacent F10 ecosystem via direct outreach to motivate entrepreneurs to apply for the local F10 startup programs
- Evaluation of startup applications for the F10 programs
- Preparing investment decisions by conducting market research and due diligence to provide insights and analysis to the Investment Committee throughout prepared investment proposals
- Managing the deal-making process with the startups that join the F10 programs as well as follow-on rounds and exits for F10
- Support refining our investment theses and scouting focus periodically
- Prepare portfolio reporting and portfolio reviews to understand how the companies are performing
- Ensure that our Investors (Limited Partners) get the strategic value of their investment by offering direct investment opportunities
- Support other F10 investment advisory mandates time by time
- You will support in delivering program content for founders that join the F10 program
- Build long-term relationships with local founders, investors, corporates, mentors, and other partners to build a supportive ecosystem around our portfolio companies
- Serve as a mentor to our founders and provide them with the knowledge, tools, and network they need to thrive
- Support portfolio companies to raise fundraising via introductions to investors and support with term sheets, pitch decks, etc.
- You have completed a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- You know investment terms by heart and have a track record of successfully executed venture deals as a VC investor, an entrepreneur or working at a startup
- You have a strong interest in the financial and insurance industry and curiosity to dive into the latest trends and actively pursue them like Web3, ClimateFintech, Metaverse etc.
- Working as a co-founder or as an early employee at a startup company is a plus. Also, we value experience with product development, engineering, or geo-expansion
- You are analytically savvy and make decisions based on data
- You take enjoyment from networking with people
- You have good communication skills and show high professionalism, discretion, and empathy in dealings with startups and investors
- You are driven, solution-oriented and comfortable working in ambiguous /unstructured environments
- Fluency in German and English
What we offer:
- The opportunity to personally grow together with F10
- A flexible and independent work environment
- An amazing team spirit with a hard-working attitude
- Competitive salary including carried interest participation
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Innovation Ecosystem supporting and guiding startups in transforming ideas into successful companies while accelerating collaboration.