We are looking for a talented Investment Manager for our investment team to help us cover the DACH market.
We are entrepreneurs first, and investors second. We invest in industry-defining companies, particularly in consumer technology. We would love to add you to our great team culture and we have offices in Berlin, Stockholm and London.
Ideally, we'd love to hear from you if you are with another VC fund (focused on the DACH market), or perhaps you are a strong operator from a product or engineering background passionate about the start-up space within the DACH ecosystem.
We would especially like to encourage female and diverse applicants interested in the space. Please also apply if you don't meet all the criteria, we'd still love to hear from you.
Key responsibilities include:
Whilst no two days are the same, everyone is focused on finding the best seed and early-stage companies and founders in Europe.
We do this by:
- Identifying and researching high-quality companies for consideration for investment.
- Conducting investment due diligence by analyzing data, leading market research, conducting diligence calls, and drafting your investment memos.
- Facilitating and own internal discussions around investment decisions that you bring, and participating in group considerations for that others bring.
- Bring in your functional or industry knowledge to help our portfolio companies thrive in any way possible and develop deep sector or thematic expertise.
- Contributing to building a world-class early-stage venture capital fund by taking on additional responsibility for various other initiatives.
- Minimum of 2 years of high-profile professional experience from a previous VC fund OR Operator in a startup (product /engineering background preferred).
- Strong analytical background, you are not afraid of working with numbers and data
- Ideally you have studied in a top European university and are networked within the German and/or DACH startup scene and knowledgeable about the startup ecosystem with a huge curiosity for early-stage companies
- You live a couple of years in the future and have a good sense of what’s happening next in the industry
- International and multicultural mindset/background
- Fluency in English.
Not mandatory, but a big plus:
- Solid technical understanding and strong intuition for tech products; any coding, product development, or UX/UI skills
- Fluency in German
What you can expect if you join:
- Wonderful supportive team
- Be an integral part of a growing team in the heart of Berlin (Mitte).
- Great and modern working space, with a rooftop swimming pool
- Comprehensive benefits package including competitive salary + bonus, private pension, Free travel card or bike, free drinks, snacks, staff entertainment, bring your dog to work
Who we are:
Cherry Ventures is a seed-stage venture capital firm led by a team of entrepreneurs with experience building fast-scaling companies such as Zalando and Spotify. The firm backs Europe's brightest and most daring founders, usually as their first institutional investor, and supports them in everything from their go-to-market strategy and the scaling of their businesses. Cherry Ventures has previously invested in the seed stage of over 75 companies across Europe, including FlixBus, Flink, Auto1 Group, Infarm, Rows, Forto, and SellerX. Cherry Ventures is based in Berlin and invests across Europe with a local presence in London and Stockholm.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
Cherry Ventures is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Founders first and investors second. We're a seed-stage venture fund that champions founders in Europe.