UNI-X Analyst Intern
Do you have a deep interest in the European deep tech startup or Venture Capital ecosystem? Would you like to learn and add much value to how startup ideas and founding teams are engaged, evaluated and carefully selected to be tomorrow's industry disruptors and shapers? Please apply to be our Analyst Intern on our UNI-X Investment team in our Berlin office!
Earlybird is a venture capital investor focused on European technology companies. Founded in 1997, Earlybird invests in all growth and development phases of a company and supports its portfolio companies with financial resources, strategic support, as well as access to an international network and capital markets. Earlybird invests out of a family of focused and independently-managed funds: Digital West (Western Europe), Digital East (Emerging Europe), Healthcare, UNI-X (University spinoffs), and Growth Opportunity. With EUR 2 billion under management, 8 IPOs, and 30 trade sales, Earlybird is one of Europe’s most established and active venture capital firms.
During your time with us you will work for the Earlybird UNI-X Fund, the pre-seed and seed-vehicle of Earlybird. The fund focuses on deep tech startups and university spin-offs and the team currently consists of six Partners and one Analyst. Together with this team, you will help source and invest in startups that shape the future with their disruptive technologies like Artificial Intelligence, Quantum Computing, Robotics and many more!
AT EARLYBIRD, YOUR PROJECTS, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND TASKS WILL LIKELY INCLUDE:
- Working on deals with the Earlybird UNI-X Investment team and taking responsibility for sourcing, initial deal assessments, preparing investment decisions and subsequent due diligences
- Developing your own deep tech industry expertise through deep dives, while providing the Investment team with extensive insights
- Actively expanding your network in the European Venture Capital ecosystem including startups, founders, investors, entrepreneurs and of course the companies that shape the world of tomorrow!
- Supporting the Earlybird UNI-X Investment team in all aspects of creating value for our portfolio companies and investors
- Supporting the partners in all activities related to the fundraising process e.g., by creating Dealflow slides
WHAT WE HOPE YOU BRING TO THE ROLE:
- Academic studies (completed Bachelor's degree & possibly a Master's degree or more!) with very strong grades in Computer Science and/or Engineering
- Analytical rigor, business acumen, project management, relationship-building, and emotional intelligence skills
- Relevant skills in one of the Deep Tech Clusters e.g. Artificial Intelligence, Data Analytics, Production Technology, etc.
- Passion and interest for the European startup ecosystem and a growing understanding of the Venture Capital industry
- Curiosity, team-player, open-mindedness, global mindset and networking skills
- The ability to work with us full-time for at least 3 months in the Earlybird Berlin office; follow-on part-time work (e.g., accompanying studies) is possible
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Tomorrow belongs to the daring. We are Earlybird Venture Capital, optimistic risk-takers who roll up their sleeves