Flat6Labs Investment Associate is responsible for assisting in management and oversight of the Flat6Labs' portfolio and seed fund. This entails researching technology sectors, speaking with founders of growing knowledge-economy companies, executing financial analysis, and helping structure and price transactions. A dynamic role for a passionate individual that is keen on entrepreneurship and new technologies.
- Manage deal prospects from first conversation through term sheet to deal close, coordinating resources to assess and close the deal.
- Lead and coordinate deal analysis, financial modeling, and the due diligence process.
- Form hypotheses on investment opportunities based on both key facts and market intuition.
- Create clear and concise investment memos to the investment committee.
- Continually monitor and investigate macro and micro industry trends to recommend new sectors of technology for evaluation and potential investment.
- Assess growth opportunities for Flat6Labs.
- Help build Flat6Labs network of local and regional VCs and investors.
- Attend conferences and tradeshows to investigate companies and industries.
- Prepare progress reports on portfolio companies and their progress.
- Identify any gaps in the investment process or financial risks and provide recommendations for minimizing such risks.
- Calculation of relevant return measures such as return on equity, pay-back period, and IRR for both forecasts and historical results.
- Follow up on the follow-on fundraising process for Flat6Labs portfolio companies, and generating reports about prospect deals and negotiated terms
- Build and maintain a database of shares distribution and movement within each of the startups companies.
- Assist in the administration of Flat6Labs fund and its nominated co-investors’ stocks in the startup companies.
- 5-7 years of experience in venture capital, private equity or investment banking.
- Major in finance/business/economic studies.
- Excellent English & Arabic language skills.
- Financial modeling and budgeting skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Excellent technical understanding for financial software packages like Microsoft Excel, etc..
- Proactive and highly organized, with strong time management and planning skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Get the chance to work with high potential for growth startups and bright entrepreneurs in the MENA region.
- Exposure to diﬀerent local, regional and international investors and VCs.
- Engage in the buzzing startup community in the MENA region.
- Work in an environment supporting creativity and proactivity, and be a part of a small dynamic team.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Flat6Labs is the MENA region’s leading seed and early stage venture capital firm.