Senior Investment Associate
Flat6Labs Senior Investment Associate, Abu Dhabi is responsible for managing Flat6Labs' portfolio and assisting in the oversight of its seed fund. This entails researching technology sectors, speaking with founders of growing knowledge-economy companies, executing financial analysis, and helping structure and price transactions. A dynamic role for a passionate individual that is keen on entrepreneurship and new technologies.
- Manage deal prospects from first conversation through term sheet to deal close, coordinating resources to assess and close the deal.
- Lead and coordinate deal analysis, financial modeling, and the due diligence process.
- Form hypotheses on investment opportunities based on both key facts and market intuition.
- Create clear and concise investment memos to the investment committee.
- Continually monitor and investigate macro and micro industry trends to recommend new sectors of technology for evaluation and potential investment.
- Assess growth opportunities for Flat6Labs.
- Help build Flat6Labs network of local and regional VCs and investors.
- Attend conferences and tradeshows to investigate companies and industries.
- Prepare progress reports on portfolio companies and their progress.
- Identify any gaps in the investment process or financial risks and provide recommendations for minimizing such risks.
- Calculation of relevant return measures such as return on equity, pay-back period, and IRR for both forecasts and historical results.
- Follow up on the follow-on fundraising process for Flat6Labs portfolio companies, and generate reports about prospect deals and negotiated terms
- Build and maintain a database of share distribution and movement within each of the startup companies.
- Assist in the administration of Flat6Labs fund and its nominated co-investors stocks in the startup companies.
- 7+ years of experience in venture capital, private equity, or investment banking.
- Major in finance/business/economic studies.
- Excellent English language skills. (Arabic is a plus)
- Financial modeling and budgeting skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong team and project management and organizational skills.
- Excellent technical understanding of financial software packages like Microsoft Excel, etc..
- Proactive and highly organized, with strong time management and planning skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask.
- Get the chance to work with high potential for growth startups and bright entrepreneurs from different countries around the world
- Exposure to different local, regional and international investors and VCs
- Engage in the buzzing startup community in the MENA region
- Work in an environment supporting creativity and proactivity, and be a part of a small dynamic team
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Flat6Labs is the MENA region’s leading seed and early stage venture capital firm.