As an Investment Analyst, you are joining a Techstars team responsible for sourcing, recruiting and helping to accelerate the growth of companies in which we invest.
Open to founders of all backgrounds, the Techstars Miami powered by J.P. Morgan program is designed to provide equitable access to funding and support for Black, Latino, Indigenous American, and Pacific Islander entrepreneurs.
You bring into the program an understanding and expertise in productivity tools and have a high attention to detail. You will be working in a high outward facing environment interacting with founders in program, Techstars alumni and mentors all of whom are our customers or support our customers - the founders.
You will add value to founders and oversee the operations and logistics of the founder experience from pipeline to demo day.
- Support the development of a strong pipeline of startups with diverse and underrepresented founders.
- Drive the operations of the founder experience from sourcing, onboarding, program and demo day.
- Manage the logistics for the program calendar, mentor matching, investor meetups, sourcing events, alumni events, program retreat, in-person sessions and demo day.
- Develop relationships with entrepreneurial support organizations, the Techstars perk network, and the Global Network Partner that can support our founders
- Highly driven and motivated to support diverse founders of high-growth early-stage startups to narrow the gap in the racial and ethnic wealth divide.
- Experience in roles supporting long-term multi-year or large-account customer relationships that demonstrates strong emotional intelligence and customer obsession.
- Demonstrated experience planning and implementing multiple complex projects in parallel and spanning over several quarters.
- Demonstrated experience of taking ownership by thinking and acting beyond their role several times over their career.
- Demonstrated ability of meticulous attention to detail in mission critical tasks or projects.
- Excellence in effective written communication, and public speaking in english.
- Excellence in intermediate spreadsheet formulas and automations.
- Demonstrated ability and curiosity to self-learn and master complex topics in short time periods.
- Excellence in operating in rapidly changing environments, with high levels of ambiguity, low levels of supervision while delivering high quality results.
What We Look For:
- Experience as an early team member or founder in accelerator-backed and/or venture backed-startup.
- Or, experience in a founder facing role at an early stage venture fund, accelerator, or founder supporting organization.
- Meaningful relationships and connections with leaders and key players of the Miami startup ecosystem.
- Competence in written and verbal communication in Spanish, and/or Portuguese, and/or Kreyol.
Compensation: $84k - $90k + 10% Bonus
Location: Miami, FL
Working as an Investment Analyst first 90 days:
- First 30 days:
- Take the lead on planning, promoting and organizing Demo Day (happening Dec 8th)
- 30-60 days
- Deliver a high quality experience for investors, mentors, founders and alumni at Demo Day Dec 8th
- Support the selection and onboarding process for the new class of founders that start Feb 15th
- 60-90 days
- Onboard 12 companies for their start of the accelerator program and plan the experience of their first week and retreat
Techstars is the worldwide network that helps entrepreneurs succeed. Founded in 2006, Techstars began with three simple ideas - entrepreneurs create a better future for everyone, collaboration drives innovation and great ideas can come from anywhere. Now we are on a mission to enable every person on the planet to contribute to, and benefit from, the success of entrepreneurs. In addition to operating accelerator programs and venture capital funds, we do this by connecting startups, investors, corporations and cities to help build thriving startup communities. Techstars has invested in more than 2,300 companies with a combined market cap of more than $29B.
Techstars’ mission is to help entrepreneurs succeed wherever they are in the world and whatever their background is. Regional accelerator programs all around the world are the cornerstone of the strategy. The investment approach is fundamentally driven by the worldwide network of managing directors, who interact with startup founders daily, guiding, mentoring and cultivating them along the journey. The scale of this reach results in a diversified strategy that provides investors with a uniquely qualified deal flow.
We help Techstars founders connect with other entrepreneurs, experts, mentors, alumni, investors, community leaders, and corporations to grow their companies.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The worldwide network that helps entrepreneurs succeed.