Founders Factory was launched in 2015 with a mission to power founders to go further, faster. To date we have built more than 60 startups and invested in a further 150 across offices in London, Johannesburg and New York. FF has a team of over 100 full-time operators and its portfolio has raised more than $600m in capital.
Our latest program will be healthcare-focused and based in Miami. We have partnered with the top healthcare entrepreneurs in the Miami ecosystem and a coalition of strategic partners representing key parts of the value chain (hospital systems, payers, device manufacturers). Together we are creating the ultimate platform for healthcare founders to find product-market-fit and scale their technologies through the US health system.
The Miami program will combine our studio and accelerator models and develop a portfolio of over 50 startups that can contribute to a health system with better access, equity and outcomes.
What you'll do:
Founders Factory is hiring for an Investment Principal in Miami who can help source, invest in and support 15 healthcare ventures a year. The role will require building relationships in the local community with founders, angels, VCs, universities. Good candidates should have outstanding people skills, hustle, resilience, deep empathy with founders and a high curiosity for technology and startups in healthcare. You will also work with founders through the accelerator programme and beyond to help with defining their fundraising strategy, formulating their story, assisting with the creation/review of investment materials and supporting them to raise their next round of funding. Our goal is for Founders Factory Miami to be the best platform for healthcare founders to start and grow their startups. We are looking for someone who shares that ambition and has the passion and expertise to achieve it.
Investing in pre-seed startups:
- Own the process for finding, investing in and accelerating 15 healthcare companies every year
- Assess and qualify early-stage ventures, technology and founding teams, conducting diligence and negotiating investment terms
- Identifying key sources for startup founders and finding scalable ways to support them
- Activating and growing our local network in Miami/New York and other key startup ecosystems in the US
Fundraising for startups in the portfolio:
- Act as a Fundraising ‘Sherpa’ to our portfolio founders; guiding and supporting them every step of the way towards closing their funding round. This includes, but may not be limited to: defining their fundraising story/strategy, reviewing and honing their investor materials (pitch deck, financial model, dataroom), building a pipeline of investors, reviewing their materials and negotiating terms
- Assisting with the negotiation of term sheets, helping them understand cap-table dynamics and all things equity-related. Quickly expand and deepen your network of prominent health tech VCs/angels, while also leveraging your existing investor relationships to help our portfolio companies
- Develop and maintain value-add relationships with the right investors through regular meetings, events and updates
- Organize our internal investor database to ensure that all information are categorized and updated
- Work with our Sector Directors and Investment Associates to identify and collate a calendar of relevant events
- Help prepare and organize Founders Factory investor events, including our investor showcase days, in conjunction with our events team
What you'll need:
- Previous early-stage tech investing experience at a fund and/or as an active angel investor a must
- Demonstrate relentless energy and passion for finding opportunities, building relationships and execution
- Personal networks that embrace the startup, VC and talent communities in Miami
- Ability to communicate authoritatively and passionately and share details of the Founders Factory vision, differentiation and operations
- Warm relationships with high-quality investors and startup founders are a must
- Previous healthcare investing expertise and network is a plus
Characteristics we look for:
- Have a passion for healthcare and all of the inefficiencies, problems and opportunities within the sector
- Has an ability to connect, emphasize and collaborate with top tier founder talent
- Deals comfortably with the uncertainty of change and complex problems, effectively handles risk and can make a decision with incomplete information
- Operates effectively, is calm under pressure and productive when plate spinning or when the future is unclear
- Have a strong bias for action and persists in accomplishing objectives despite setbacks
- Able to understand the perspective of others and evaluate their own thinking whilst looking for feedback and continuously improve
- Ability to work across geographies, time zones and multi-functional teams
Why work with us:
We are guided by a set of core values that shape the way that we think and act. We hold ourselves accountable to these, and measure ourselves against them. We are looking for candidates that share these principles and can help Founders Factory to thrive:
- Think big, act small, move fast
- Value momentum over perfection
- Embrace uncertainty and remain decisive Suggest solutions, not problems.
- Prioritize diversity to strengthen our collective intelligence
- Be polite, generous and show empathy to others, always
- Growth: Work with and meet exceptional talent. Learn faster than you ever have before
- Autonomy and flexibility: Pragmatic vacation with unlimited days
- Health and Wellness: Comprehensive extended health care insurance (including vision and dental). Disability and life insurance benefits and pension: 401K matching (up to 3%)
- Gender neutral family leave policy: Maternity/paternity primary caregiver policy: 3 months' fully paid leave for either caregiver, including uninterrupted health insurance.
Founders Factory is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment where people can authentically be themselves and are free to challenge, take risks and think creatively. We recruit, develop, compensate and promote our team members based on merit. We know how important it is not only to include, but to actively seek out diversity of thought and experiences.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We power founders to go further, faster. We partner with the world’s best founders and corporates to build, fund, and scale ambitious startups worldwi...