Cybernetix Ventures (www.cybernetix.vc) is a venture capital firm leading the way for investment into early-stage robotics, automation, and AI startups. Headquartered in Boston, the world’s epicenter for robotics innovation, Cybernetix connects its portfolio to the national and global robotics ecosystems, bringing unparalleled expertise to companies poised to make major impacts in sectors including advanced manufacturing, logistics/warehousing, architecture, engineering and construction and healthcare/medical devices. The fund will also invest in key robotics-enabling software companies in AI/machine learning, cloud robotics, cybersecurity, autonomy, and sensors/edge computing.
This is a one-of-a-kind opportunity to be part of building and growing a pioneering venture capital firm. We are seeking to add a key member to work directly with our General Partners who are leaders in the robotics space. We are looking for applicants with early stage venture capital experience. Entrepreneurial and leadership experiences are also valuable. We expect the new team member to help source and lead new investments, be active in portfolio management, lead community building initiatives, and work with our strategic investors to identify areas for co-investment.
Finding and researching investment opportunities
- Source, evaluate and prioritize a robust pipeline of early stage tech startups with focus on pre-seed, seed, and series A
- Actively support all aspects of the deal flow process and workflows
- Develop and maintain a broad network of industry contacts to support the highest quality deal flow
Leading new investments
- Lead due diligence and deep dives into shortlisted investment opportunities, including expert and customer interviews, assess market opportunity, and financial review and analysis
- Authoring investment memos and manage the investment processes from start to finish including coordinating with legal and finance contacts
- Lead the formation of SPVs for some investment opportunities
Portfolio management and portfolio reviews
- Draw on own network and team network and expertise to support portfolio companies
- Manage complex situations within the portfolio including performance management, follow-on rounds and exits
- Contribute to portfolio reviews and benchmarking
- Portfolio company financial modeling
- Identify opportunities for follow-on funding from other investment vehicles and present opportunities to LPs and co-investors
- Support General Partners on projects
Venture Fund Financial Modeling
- Perform market research and maintain market database
- Attend webinars and events and share insights
- Conduct industry research and write summary reports
- Supervise interns and new team members, among other things
- An engineering or sciences undergraduate degree
- A business degree or an MBA is a plus
- At least 3 years of experience in a reputable early stage VC firm
- Originated, led and executed investments in early stage VC
- Operational experience at a start-up is a plus
- Supported and monitored portfolio companies
- Experience in building internal processes and systems in a company or VC firm
- Deep knowledge of technology investing and understanding of the VC ecosystem
- Outstanding qualitative and quantitative analytical skills
- Proactive, self-motivated, highly organized, and detail-oriented
- Exceptional interpersonal and communications skills
- Boston-based with a mix of in person and remote work (Hybrid)
- Occasional short term travel may be required
- Occasional evening events participation will be needed
Equal Opportunity: We are committed to creating a diverse work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age or gender.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Cybernetix is a pioneering venture capital firm focusing on early-stage startups in robotics, automation, and AI.