Comcast Ventures is adding a Partner to our investment team. The Partner will closely collaborate with the team on investment thesis development, sector coverage, prospecting, investment diligence and portfolio management. They will be an ambassador for Comcast Ventures, nurturing existing relationships and fostering new ones with entrepreneurs, investors and industry practitioners. This is a unique opportunity to impact the future of the group. Throughout our 20-year history in venture, we have helped founding teams build innovative technologies enabling businesses and industries to thrive as they transform and grow.
The Partner’s responsibilities as a deal lead will include owning the investment process by driving the full lifecycle of a deal:
- Representing CV as a board member and observer
- Identifying and tracking technology trends and market developments
- Networking with entrepreneurs, venture investors and executives at Comcast/NBCUniversal/Sky
- Generating proprietary deal flow of investment opportunities
- Leading due diligence, financial analysis, terms negotiation and investment process
- Preparing internal presentations and memorandums
- Traveling and attending industry conferences and portfolio company board meetings/visits
- Culture is critical. Strong candidates have these attributes:
- Friendly, enthusiastic, and excited about working with a large network of entrepreneurs, VCs and colleagues throughout the Comcast organization
- Networker who has established an extensive network of peers, classmates, former colleagues, entrepreneurs, and venture capitalists
- Highly articulate with exceptional presentation skills, both in presenting verbally and in creation of slides
- Strong quantitative skills with an ability to build and operate Excel models for financial analysis
- Diligent leader with strong organizational skills
- Preferred experience: 8 – 10 years of total professional experience, including 2+ years of VC experience
- Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
About Comcast Ventures
Comcast Ventures partners with extraordinary entrepreneurs building transformative consumer and enterprise companies. Based in NYC, we are a venture capital group focused on generating superior financial returns as well as providing unique support beyond capital for early to growth stage investments across a broad spectrum of industries. The team works to foster the success of its portfolio companies by leveraging the unique resources and insights of both CV and the Comcast/NBCUniversal/Sky family of companies.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
10 Years +
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the compensation and benefits summary on our careers site for more details.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Comcast Ventures partners with extraordinary entrepreneurs building transformative consumer and enterprise companies.