MBA Associate (Fall 2022)
At Primary, MBA Associates play a big role in helping the team gain a deep understanding of macro trends and new markets in which we might explore investment opportunities. They explore investment theses, diligence new potential investments, assist with incubations, and amplify our output.
We are hiring for two new MBA associates (one focused on healthcare and one focused on software infrastructure and developer tools) to assist the Primary investment team. This paid program is for the duration of the Fall semester and will be mostly remote with opportunities for in-person exposure and an expected commitment of roughly 20 hours per week.
This role is ideal for anyone interested in pursuing a career in venture capital or entrepreneurship. While contributing to our due diligence processes, incubation strategy, and firmwide projects, you’ll have full exposure to life at Primary, from working alongside partners to investment pitches.
Given the autonomy we give to our MBA Associates, our ideal team member looks a little like this:
- You are currently in an MBA program (or graduating from an MBA program) and have preferably worked in a fast-paced environment within—but not limited to—consulting, tech/product, VC, or PE prior to school.
- You are a clear communicator who has the ability and willingness to speak with anyone from CEOs to customers of companies that we are evaluating.
- You’re not afraid to roll up your sleeves and participate in event planning, creating surveys, sending out prospecting emails, or other work on behalf of the Primary team or portfolio companies.
- You enjoy reading up on startup/tech trends and are involved in entrepreneurial or venture organizations on campus, or have tinkered with your own startup ideas.
- You have the ability to build conviction and voice your opinion even when others on the team may disagree with you.
- You figure sh*t out and can work independently. You are a self-starter who is resourceful and scrappy but can also quickly build relationships with stakeholders internally to get the job done.
There are a few values our team holds close and will want to see in any addition to the Primary Team:
Wear the founder’s shoes: Trust is paramount. Start with empathy and curiosity, and work collaboratively to solve problems from founders’ perspectives.
Dive deep: Go the extra mile and do the hard work to get to data-driven answers and insights.
Work with the best: Bring an excellent network to the table and expect a hunger to win from colleagues, founders, and operators.
Build a ‘we’ team: Collaborate meaningfully as a team and share expertise to deliver unparalleled support.
Challenge what’s possible: Think creatively and build. We're not in the business of what's been done before, we're redefining what seed investing can be.
Play to win: Consider every opportunity through the lens of ultimate success. Winning doesn’t mean squeaking by, it means being 10X better.
If you align with our values and this paid opportunity sounds like something you’d be interested in, please fill apply. We look forward to meeting you!
To keep up to date with Primary, don’t forget to sign up for our newsletter and follow us on LinkedIn / Twitter.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We invest in what’s next. Early-stage investors in NYC startups like Jet, Chief, Mirror, K Health, Noom, Latch, Alloy, and more.