Venture Analyst or Venture Associate
This is an early career position for candidates interested in building a career in the impact investing, venture philanthropy, and startup innovation field. In this role, you will have an opportunity to work across all Inicio Ventures related programs and projects. Workstream tasks may include, but not limited to, industry and startup research, summarizing data, attending events, helping with event and meeting coordination, social media engagement, identifying process improvement opportunities, communicating with founders/funders and developing presentation materials. Through these responsibilities, you will extend your investment acumen, gain event management skills, build domain expertise, grow industry relationships, learn about startup design, and better understand the needs of the Latinx innovation community. This is an excellent advancement opportunity for those interested in applying to graduate school or starting a company.
- Investment Support:
- Provide analytical support for deal leads
- Support communications activities with portfolio companies, funder network, as well as internal and external partners
- Keep team organized through project management administration
- Assist with portfolio management and investor relations activities
- Perform industry research
- Help manage our investment metrics gathering and summary reports
- Proactively identify investment process improvements
- Other investment related activities as needed
- Program Support:
- Provide project management and logistical support for events and conferences
- Support program leads with research, analysis and documentation
- Assist with social media and PR related communication
- Liaise with program participants and external stakeholders
- Help manage program metrics and summary reports
- Proactively identify program process improvements
- Other program related activities as needed
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent skill development experience
- 1+ years of professional work experience, including internships
- Strong understanding of early venture capital or impact investment fields, with knowledge of relevant industry actors (accelerators, funders, field builders, etc.), startup design/development and funding process
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and supporting the Latinx community
- Outstanding analytical, quantitative, and communication skills including excellent spreadsheet modeling and powerpoint/slide development
- Enjoys and thrives in supporting multiple concurrent workstreams
- Comfortable working remotely in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment (a self-starter and resourceful)
- Has exceptional personal and professional ethics and integrity
- Enjoys collaborating with a spectrum of seniority levels, internally and externally, and from different backgrounds and experiences
- Has a history of being a creative problem solver
- Proven ability to support external facing program/product/service
- You have a deep or growing entrepreneurial network and thrive in relationship building/managing
Hispanics in Philanthropy offers competitive compensation and a range of benefits. This position has a starting range of 48,000 - 68,000, depending on experience and location, plus benefits for full time employees including medical, dental, vision, 401K matching, commuter benefits, discounts on services, as well as sick, vacation, and paid holiday time.
Daily use of computer and phone for regular communications with staff and team members. This position is a remote position in the U.S. Some travel will be required. Employees are required to comply with HIP’s health and safety measures consistent with CDC guidelines, and federal, state, and local regulations.
How to Apply:
Submit an online application. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis with preference to applications received by September 23rd.
Hispanics in Philanthropy is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Inicio Ventures is an early-stage impact investment fund that backs Latinx founders across markets and industries, partnering with them to refine thei...