Sequoia helps daring founders build legendary companies from idea to IPO and beyond. We spur founders to push the boundaries of what’s possible. In partnering with Sequoia, companies benefit from 49 years of tribal knowledge from working with founders like Steve Jobs, Larry Ellison, Larry Page, Jan Koum, Brian Chesky, Drew Houston, Adi Tatarko, Julia Hartz and Jack Dorsey. In aggregate, Sequoia-backed companies account for more than 25% of NASDAQ's total value. From the beginning, the vast majority of money we invest has been on behalf of nonprofits and schools like the Ford Foundation, Mayo Clinic and MIT, which means founders’ accomplishments make a meaningful difference.
We are looking for a strong marketer and experience builder who can lead experiential, content-rich programs for our key audiences. As a member of Sequoia’s experiences and marketing team, you will work closely with our product, design and investing partners to establish Sequoia as an outlier founder’s first choice partner at the seed stage and beyond. The Sequoia experiences team is a small group of professionals leveraging the convening power of Sequoia to strengthen the bonds among our founders, investors and the community, and by doing so, enable their success. You will design bespoke experiences from intimate gatherings to content-rich workshops to multi-day international conferences spanning the U.S. as well as Europe. You will report to Sequoia’s Director of Experiences Emma Matthieson and be part of the experiences team within marketing.
- Lead cross-functional teams to plan and execute experience-led marketing programs for a range of audiences including Founders, Scouts, Limited Partners and more
- Develop and execute a wide range of events from small to big, virtual to in-person, from purely social to content rich
- Work independently on select programs and partner with the Director of Experiences on others
- Supervise an agency and outside contractors/vendors on select programs, and perform all aspects of event production personally on others
- Project manage timeline, deliverables, and budget
- Execute event logistics with unparalleled attention to detail
- Assist in creating industry-leading content for programs and events
- Interface directly with key audiences including founders and our community, delivering a pleasing guest experience
- Uphold the Sequoia brand through physical gatherings that are on-brand and in-line with strategic goals
- 10+ years event planning and marketing experience on either the client or agency side
- Experience working with founders/start-ups/fast moving and growing companies/corporations
- Ability to think creatively; strong interest in creating bespoke experiences
- Ability to execute on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Strong project management skills and a love of spreadsheets
- Results oriented: demonstrated intellect, strong work ethic, and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal; presence with execs and team
- Strong team player, low ego and willingness to roll up their sleeves
- Experience producing or working on a virtual event
- Experience with key software and technical aptitude: spreadsheets, Zoom, Asana, G Suite, Dropbox, Slack, and various invitation, virtual event and event management platforms
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Reports to Director of Experiences, as part of the Sequoia marketing team reporting into the VP, Experiences and Operations
- Independent contributor role
- Based in Menlo Park, CA with flexibility to work from home 2-3 days a week
- Some travel required (up to 15%) in the U.S. and/or Europe
- Available to work at least 1-2 evenings per month, in San Francisco or Menlo Park
- Competitive compensation and benefits
Your application has been successfully submitted.
From idea to IPO and beyond, Sequoia helps the daring build legendary companies.