Investment Associate, Cybersecurity
Playground Global is run by successful entrepreneurs who conceived, built and scaled successful technology companies before becoming venture capitalists. Playground invests in early-stage, deep tech startups. Our portfolio companies make secure cloud computing viable, offer logistics infrastructure that is purpose-built to power modern e-commerce companies, build and manage a shipping network for e-commerce delivery powered by intelligence and data, and much more. Our team has the technical skills and passion for digging in deep with entrepreneurs, helping them solve technical challenges to execute their visions.
We are seeking an Investment Associate to join our team and help support our partners investing in cybersecurity, AI, enterprise infrastructure software and logistics startups. Our ideal candidate is someone who has a technical background, is a deep thinker and an enthusiastic self-starter. You don’t need to have investment experience, but you do need to have a strong interest in learning to be a venture investor.
- Work with Playground’s partners to help develop an investment thesis in cybersecurity.
- Source investment opportunities and evaluate inbound leads.
- Perform technical and business due diligence.
- Build relationships with portfolio companies and provide advice and assistance as they grow.
- Prepare briefing documents, financial returns and other analyses to support important meetings and communications.
- Work from Playground’s office in Palo Alto 3+ days a week.
- Technical degree, ideally in Computer Science, Math or Physics. MBA is a plus.
- 2+ years as a Product Manager, or early-stage Venture Investor in the cybersecurity industry.
- Highly self-motivated with exceptional decision-making instincts and strong analytical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exhibit Playground Values:
- Intellectually curious and practical
- Collaborative and ambitious
- Thrive on building something worthwhile regardless of the challenge
- Unlimited Paid Time Off + Paid Annual Holidays
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance Coverage
- 12 weeks fully paid parental leave
- Annual Learning and Development Stipend
- Monthly Wellness Stipend
- World class daily culinary experience
About Playground Global:
Playground Global invests in early-stage, deep tech startups – companies like Relativity Space, the world’s first autonomous rocket factory, or Virta Health, the team aiming to end type 2 diabetes. As a whole, our team has the technical skills and passion for digging in deep with entrepreneurs, helping them solve technical challenges to execute their vision quickly.
At Playground, we’re committed to racial equity, social justice, and equal opportunity. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Playground Global is a venture firm that partners with entrepreneurs working at the intersection of atoms, bits, and AI to build the companies of tomo...