Volition Capital is a leading global growth equity investment firm with over $1.2B in total AUM across 4 funds. The team at Volition has spent the last 12 years working to make an everlasting impact on the lives of our founders, a transformative impact on our portfolio companies, a meaningful impact on the missions of our investors, and a positive impact on the world around us.
Focused on investing in high potential, founder-owned, capital-efficient companies that aspire to lead their markets – and have the proven chops to get there. Volition aims to invest in every sense of the word. We're extremely selective and work daily to support our founders, their teams, and their mission. An approach that has allowed us to participate in notable exists in each of our sector focuses: Software (JazzHR, G5, Velocify), Internet (GlobalTranz, Connatix, iPipeline), and Consumer (Chewy.com).
At Volition, we believe that diversity of thought and experience is the key to delivering increased performance and better results. Therefore, we aim to build teams consisting of varied backgrounds, perspectives, capabilities, and interests.
**Please note: We will be reviewing resumes on a rolling basis. However, we will not begin formal interviews until Mid-August.
About the Role: 2023 Summer Analyst (Intern)
The Summer Analyst will play an integral role in supporting the Volition investing team. By focusing on many of the same tasks as our full-time analysts, you will get first-hand experience of what it means to be a growth equity investor. Learning on the job, offering opinions, building perspective, and executing a Capstone project, we aim to help you prepare for what we hope will be a fulfilling career in growth equity investing.
- You will be assigned a team and team member (Mentor) to help shepherd your experience.
- Daily - You will work directly with your assigned team on a variety of tasks:
- Industry research: The Who? What? When? Where? and Why?
- Sourcing: Companies, people, ideas, trends. and technologies
- Outreach: Build rapport with industry and business leaders
- Pipeline management: How do we prioritize efforts, time, and resources
- Due diligence: Let's dig deeper...is this the right company for Volition
- Portfolio Mgmt.: How can we help?
- Weekly - You will be expected to have 1x1's with your assigned Mentor with the hopes of maximizing your experience.
- Monthly - You will be expected to conduct progress reports with the program lead.
- Capstone Project - You will present to the entirety of the Volition team on an area of your choosing (with approval from your Mentor).
Who You Are/Have:
- You set to graduate in 2024
- Able to work onsite at our office in Boston, MA
- Authorized to work in the US
- Strong academic record and involvement in extracurricular activities
- Interested in deal origination, but more importantly, a passion for business and growing companies
- An avid reader, watcher, listener, and learner
- Daily commitment to a team player mentality
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic, uniquely positive attitude, and a willingness to learn
- Inquisitive and thoughtful about all that you do
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to self-motivate, work independently, and desire to be great
- Intellectual curiosity and hunger for answers
- Non-traditional experiences welcome!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Our business is not about capital – it’s about people. That’s why we strive to keep business human.