Are you looking to further your career in venture at one of the fastest growing funds in B2B SaaS? Do you want a high amount of responsibility and autonomy while collaborating on some of the most exciting investment deals on the market right now?
We’re looking for a Venture Associate to join our team and help us find and invest in the top early-stage cloud companies out there. Our B2B SaaS fund and accelerator has been around for 7+ years and our track record is incredible, and only getting better. This is an amazing chance to join a small, growing investment team with the infrastructure and resources to drive deal flow, make investments hand in hand with our partners across both our pre-seed and seed funds, and catapult your career by playing a crucial role in sourcing, evaluating and closing 70+ investments per year.
As a member of our investment team, you will assist in all aspects of our investment process, including sourcing investment opportunities, conducting market research, and assisting in the due diligence process. In addition, you will be building and maintaining relationships with our portfolio founders, investors, and the broader startup ecosystem.
The top priorities of this role:
- Deal pipeline management - screen inbound deal flow, and review applications.
- Manage an outbound deal flow process and identify potential investment opportunities to reach out to.
- Cultivate relationships with founders, angels, pre-seed and seed funds, startup communities and industry leaders, in order to source prospective investments.
- Prepare internal investment memos and perform due diligence on potential investment opportunities, including analysis of new markets, technologies, and competitive landscapes.
Who you are:
- Deeply passionate about venture capital and startups, with an empathy for the founder journey.
- Possess strong communication, analytical, and strategic reasoning skills.
- Highly motivated and a self starter who loves sourcing in early stage venture and evaluating a high volume of deals.
- An entrepreneurial mindset with high integrity, a strong work ethic and takes a lot of pride in their work.
- An exceptional understanding of the venture ecosystem and tapped into venture communities.
- Team player who possesses intellectual curiosity, sound judgment, critical thinking and attention to detail.
- Bonus points for early stage startup experience and bringing in your already awesome network.
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Carried interest in the fund
Forum Ventures is an early-stage fund, accelerator, and community designed to take founders from pre-seed to seed. We back companies across all B2B SaaS verticals with a monetary investment, a dedicated support team, hand picked mentors and a growing community of founders, operators, and investors.
We join founders early on in their journey – usually as the first check in – and we stay by their side as they build, navigate the ups and downs, and go on to do great things. We’re a community of B2B SaaS experts, founders and operators here to support founders every step of the way.
Forum founders have gone on to raise from funds like Andreessen Horowitz, NEA, Uncork Capital, 8VC, Founders Fund, Menlo Ventures, Canaan, Bowery Capital, Susa Ventures, SV Angel, and more.
Forum recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status' as required by applicable law.
Forum’s dedication to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, equity and inclusion is more than a commitment- it is the foundation of what we do. And thus we strongly encourage people from ALL backgrounds to apply to this position.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
While you build something great, we fund and support you at your earliest stage.