Venture Capital Investment Manager - Web3, Blockchain, Crypto/NFT focused VC
CV VC AG is looking for a motivated and dedicated Venture Capital Investment Manager or Associate to join its investment team in Germany.
Enthusiastic about the world of venture capital and startups? Passionate about innovative technologies and new business models? Join our CV VC and CV Labs team and work with us investing into the Technology For Tomorrow: Blockchain. Work in a truly dynamic and innovative environment, connect to the start-up and VC ecosystem and have hands-on exposure to the execution of investment projects.
Start of the position: as soon as possible
We are looking for an Investment Manager or Associate with experience in Venture Capital investing and in the technology startup environment to join CV VC as we expand our team to Berlin. The ideal candidate has also knowledge and/or experience in Blockchain Technology. Candidates should have 3-5 years of experience in an startup investment or Venture Capital environment and should be familiar with (early-stage) Venture Capital deals. Candidates should be interested in working independently in an entrepreneurial and startup environment. Briefly, the investment team covers the following areas: research, analysis, portfolio management, business development and investor relations.
Investment Manager / Associate tasks would include the following:
- Conduct interdisciplinary evaluation of new investment opportunities, incl. business model analysis, competitor research, and due diligence
- Research and evaluate companies active in Blockchain/DLT and verticals like finance, Industry 4.0 etc.
- Review and analyze business models and financial models of/for the targets
- Lead/support transactions from inception through closing
- Analyze, propose and conduct (sourcing through closing) new Venture Capital deals to the Investment Team and subsequently to the Investment Committee
- Review documentation and Data Rooms of potential targets
- Conduct portfolio Management for exisiting portfolio companies
- Lead or support scouting and sourcing activities
- Work on investor marketing, reporting, and fundraising efforts (incl. fundraising documentation)
- Contribute to publications/online content and industry events
- Represent the company at networking events in the blockchain technology / alternative investment industry
- University degree in business/finance/law etc. and/or technical or entrepreneurial background
- 3-5 years of experience in an startup investment or Venture Capital environment
- Experience around startup and Venture Capital deals (can include experience in a start-up, consulting, investment banking or a VC investor)
- Strong knolwedge or strong interest in technology startups and specifically the blockchain technology
- Advanced MS Office skills (esp. Excel and PowerPoint)
- Highly motivated team-player with international mindset and outstanding interpersonal skills
- Fully autonomous, high energy level, organised, proactive, result-oriented
- Fluent in German & English - You will be a part of a diverse and international team
If this position could be a potential fit for you, please submit your application. Also, if you think you could be a good fit for our team but don't fully suit the description, please contact us and tell us what else you would contribute to CV VC. We are looking forward to hearing from you - thanks!
About CV VC
CV VC is a global venture capital investor with a focus on early-stage startups that build on blockchain technology. In addition to our venture capital investments, we operate our own incubator and ecosystem business under the CV Labs brand, consisting of co-working spaces, advisory and events.
Blockchain technology has the potential to significantly impact many industries, and we believe that the next, third wave of large tech companies.
The current social and economic environment has led to a digitization push that will cause certain industries to grow disproportionately, we call this Technology for Tomorrow (T4T). We believe that the following six verticals show exponential growth and therefore offer the greatest opportunities from an investment perspective: Future of Work, Lifestyle & Health, Education & Science, Security & Identity, E-Commerce & Logistics and Finance & Investing.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
CV VC is an early-stage venture capital firm with a focus on startups that build on blockchain technology. CV Labs operates the incubator & ecosystem ...