Venture Capital Vice President / Principal
Seeking a highly motivated individual with strong technical, analytical, and process-oriented skills to join Neuberger Berman’s new and growing venture capital team. Be part of a lean and growing team that also has the backing and resources of a top global asset management firm with over $400 billion in AUM.
This is a partner-track role that will give you insight into venture capital as well as Neuberger Berman’s other private and public market strategies. Learn venture capital while acting as a thought leader in your technology space and interacting directly with senior leaders of the group.
- Run the team internally. Track every deal, be a master of process, and complete any deliverables without any missed details
- Manage the sourcing process to make sure all parties involved are doing their part
- Be a thought leader in your chosen area of technology. Be able to develop themes and have them guide your sourcing effort
- Become an expert in certain areas of technology such that entrepreneurs respect you and consider you an “expert from the first meeting” whose business or technical advice they seek out and respect
- Begin to identify and bring in deals independently and collaborate with senior partners to close
- 5+ years of experience in technology investing or operational experience at high-growth startups
- Buy-side investing experience preferred, ideally private equity or venture capital. TMT investment banking also considered a plus
- Work at relevant high-growth startups preferred. Experience in fintech, crypto, or enterprise software are a plus. Candidates with backgrounds in product management, business operations, or sales leadership are ideal
- A STEM or finance degree in computer science, mathematics, or other technical discipline from top undergraduate or graduate school. MBA or similar degrees ideal but not required
Neuberger Berman is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The Firm and its affiliates do not discriminate in employment because of race, creed, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship status or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Founded in 1939 to do one thing: deliver compelling investment results for our clients over the long term.